Monday 5 January 2015

review of my 2014 bucket list & new goals for 2015!

So for my first blog post of the new year (and my first one in a while due to lack of motivation and constantly working) I thought I would review the bucket list/goals that I set for myself this time last year and see what I achieved and what I didn't. I thought this would be a good idea to make myself feel a little bit more positive about things that I achieved within the year and set more goals for myself this year.

My bucket list/goals post from last year can be found here.

First of all on my list was to be a more positive person, I really did try and do this within the past year, I think I achieved in some aspects like my attitude towards life and other people but not really towards myself which is really something I would love to work on this year.

I did not join the gym at all, if anything I actually gained a lot more weight than what I wanted to. But I am joining the gym within the week with my friend and have purchased all the clothes to get me motivated to start sometime soon!

Next was to go to Paris with my boyfriend, this didn't happen last year but we did end up going on holiday to Turkey which was lovely and I enjoyed it so much!

The fourth one on my list was the only one so far that I did actually achieve, and that was to pass college with all distinctions! If you're currently in college and reading this I promise you all the hard work pays off in the end and you will be so thankful, trust me I am!

I didn't end up going to University last year, I decided to take a year out to focus on myself and other aspects in my life and intend on going this year, I am sending off my application this week and I am so nervous again!

Number 5 was to travel to Australia for Christmas, but unfortunately my work situation would not let me have a whole month in December off, but hopefully I will get out there sometime soon and see my family!

I'll tie 6 & 7 in together, I tried to be more social but I really struggle with meeting new people. I would say that I have stayed in touch with most of my friends from college, and I do go out a lot with my friends from work, so in some ways I achieved this, but in some ways I didn't.

Plucking up the courage to start a youtube channel is something I will need a little bit more time to work on. I need to stop worrying and go for it!

I guess I did explore the world a little bit more as I did head to Turkey, it was so nice to see how other countries live and go about their everyday lives and to see different cultures. I would love to see more of the world this year but I do need to get over my fear of flying as I cried pretty much the whole way to Turkey and back!

10 was to hit 4k followers on twitter (I don't quite know why that was a goal but oh well!) and I did!

Getting over phobias is not something I think I will ever achieve, I am scared of a lot of things and it will take a lot more than a year to get over most of them, if I ever could at all.

If anything I spent more money last year than any year at all, I got myself a new job where I got paid more so to me that meant more spending and not saving up for important things like a car and more driving lessons! Oops!

Blogging 5 times a week clearly did not happen and I'm really sorry. I got so lost with working and college and trying to be more social I completely lost touch with my blog and I would love to work on that this year and start posting more!

Due number 13 failing I didn't end up achieving number 14 but again I really wish to this year!

I will post my 'goals for 2015' within the next few days once I have really thought about everything that I want to achieve!

Let me know in the comments your goals for this year? I would love to read them all!


No comments:

Post a Comment